Back in October, when he dropped off the Atlanta bass-inspired Right One | Wrong Time, Spree Wilson was decidedly uninterested in getting wifed up. Well, a lot can evidently change in six months. Though the ATLien hasn’t tracked down Mrs. Right just yet, new mixtape single All I Need finds the artist fantasizing about settling down with a special woman. As on this cut’s predecessor, beatsmith The Flush draws from the music of decades past, making a pitched-down sample from Ghost Town DJs’ ‘95 single, My Boo, into the centerpiece of his lush synth beat. Former Hollyweerd emcee Go Dreamer delivers a conversational guest 16 on the back. Does this retro-informed jam have you head over heels? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material in store on Wilson and The Flush’s Life In Technicolor (Vol. 1) LP, scheduled for digital release May 1.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.