Back in October, when he dropped off the Atlanta bass-inspired Right One | Wrong Time, Spree Wilson was decidedly uninterested in getting wifed up. Well, a lot can evidently change in six months. Though the ATLien hasn’t tracked down Mrs. Right just yet, new mixtape single All I Need finds the artist fantasizing about settling down with a special woman. As on this cut’s predecessor, beatsmith The Flush draws from the music of decades past, making a pitched-down sample from Ghost Town DJs’ ‘95 single, My Boo, into the centerpiece of his lush synth beat. Former Hollyweerd emcee Go Dreamer delivers a conversational guest 16 on the back. Does this retro-informed jam have you head over heels? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material in store on Wilson and The Flush’s Life In Technicolor (Vol. 1) LP, scheduled for digital release May 1.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am ft. Talib Kweli & Spree Wilson" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)