Ever since Kendrick Lamar audaciously laid claim to Biggie‘s former title on #Control, East Coast rhymesayers have been debating who truly deserves to be called King of New York. There’s not quite as much competition to become The King of Maine, but that doesn’t stop Spose from exulting in his position on his latest mixtape single. Appropriately enough, the emcee/producer’s verses are dense with local color. In addition to big-upping the Seahawks and his state’s lobster trade, he alludes to locals’ distinctive accents, spitting, “We got no ‘r’s in our dialect.” God.Damn.Chan provides an addictive chopped-sample beat to accompany his bars. Red Stallion Media‘s Jason Bosch directs the joint’s official video, which features footage shot in each and every one of Maine’s 16 counties. Fans can find King of Maine and much more on Spose’s Peter Sparker Mixtape, released last summer and available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 03/13/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.