Contrary to the stereotypical images of ermine-clad kings directing the affairs of their realm from a cushy throne room, leadership ain’t something that happens while you’re sitting on your derriere. Well aware that running his city’s going to involve a whole lot of, well, running, new Grand Hustle signee and Booth newcomer Spodee takes a moment to make sure he’s up to the challenge on standout mixtape inclusion Feet Don’t Fail Me Now. C-Gutta serves up a beat befitting a Southern-fried motivational jam, layering strings and bells over determination-drenched percussion as the headliner exults in his successes to date while keeping his attention squarely in the here and now: ”If the present is a gift I’ma refrain from the past / I’m a young stunna, focused and ready to smash.” Label boss T.I. heads off the pack with a characteristically motivated opening 16, and B.o.B positions himself as an all-time great on the middle. Complete with a chorus by in-house singer Mitchelle’l, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Spodee’s Don Cannon-hosted No Pressure mixtape, released last week.
Written by richard on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.