Contrary to the stereotypical images of ermine-clad kings directing the affairs of their realm from a cushy throne room, leadership ain’t something that happens while you’re sitting on your derriere. Well aware that running his city’s going to involve a whole lot of, well, running, new Grand Hustle signee and Booth newcomer Spodee takes a moment to make sure he’s up to the challenge on standout mixtape inclusion Feet Don’t Fail Me Now. C-Gutta serves up a beat befitting a Southern-fried motivational jam, layering strings and bells over determination-drenched percussion as the headliner exults in his successes to date while keeping his attention squarely in the here and now: ”If the present is a gift I’ma refrain from the past / I’m a young stunna, focused and ready to smash.” Label boss T.I. heads off the pack with a characteristically motivated opening 16, and B.o.B positions himself as an all-time great on the middle. Complete with a chorus by in-house singer Mitchelle’l, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Spodee’s Don Cannon-hosted No Pressure mixtape, released last week.
Written by richard on 06/13/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.