Unsigned rhymesayer Spesh (formerly known as 38 Spesh) may be making his first appearance on our page, but the Rochester, N.Y. native hardly needs to prove himself to our readership; the collaborators he’s managed to enlist for new single The Meeting (Problems or Peace) say all that needs to be said about his worthiness as an emcee. On this throwback banger, the one and only DJ Premier mans the boards, crafting an ominous boom-bap backdrop for Spesh’s intricate tough-talk. As if Primo’s imprimatur weren’t enough, fellow hip-hop legend Kool G Rap contributes a hard-nosed guest 16. Featuring additional guest appearances from the likes of Uncle Murda and Junior Reid, Spesh’s The Art of Production LP is slated to drop independently in the near future. Keep it locked for release details, as well as the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 05/29/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.