Often, the closer you are to somebody, the more aware you are of their faults. A similar rule, unsurprisingly, applies to cities. On debut feature Home of the Mighty, premiering via DJBoothTV along with Shaun Scott‘s official visuals, Seattle rapper and beatsmith Spekulation “examines how life in one major American city is both joyous and dark, sometimes for the exact same reason.” Joining the headliner over his own lush instrumental, featuring a 20-piece horn section, fellow P-Town emcee Perry Porter contributes a similar frank, engaging guest verse, and singer Paolo Escobar ties it all together with some tuneful chorus vocals. Home of the Mighty is just a loosie, but fans can keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest from this talented Pacific Northwestern buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 08/11/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.