Years before underground emcee Spectac linked up with Shakim, his collaborator on recent LP For the People, he was one-half of a duo with producer Amiri. Three years after the release of their mutual debut album, Almost Famous, the North Carolina representative has rejoined forces with his behind-the-boards colleague for a second collaborative set. Appropriately enough, lead single I Grew Up is a musical trip down Memory Lane. Backed by his partner’s airy throwback grooves, Spectac charts his growth from an adolescent lover of New Jack Swing and The Cosby Show to an unlikely hip-hop success story, using his autobiography as a segue into larger issues facing the African-American community. Complete with breezy hook vocals by Najee, this record is slated for inclusion on the twosome’s Soul Beautiful LP. Watch for the project to hit our front page April 30, for free streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 04/10/13
Fresh off the release of For the People, hip-hop storyteller Spectac gets right back at it by re-uniting with his production partner Amiri for their new collaborative album, Soul Beautiful. The first project the duo have...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.