Keon B. and Blair Taylor, the New Orleans-to-L.A. transplants who make up Virgin/EMI duo speakers, aren’t the type to settle; whether you’re talking musical genres or beautiful women, they’ve just gotta have it all. Appropriately, freshly-released single And Her Too finds the duo showcasing their stylistic electicism as they testify to their insatiability in the sexual arena. Taylor, a beatsmith and musician as well as a singer, channels some vintage disco vibes on the production tip, ornamenting a jittery funk-guitar riff with string flourishes and atmospheric synth voices as he and his collaborator outline their plans for the evening—plans that include a certain beautiful shawty, along with her friend, and her friend, and her friend etc., etc. In addition to backing B.T. up on the vocal tip, Keon busts out some energetic flows, offering a finer-grained view on their sexcapades in his brief rapped interludes. Need more speakers in your sound system? You’ll find what you seek on the duo’s New FrequencyEP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.