Keon B. and Blair Taylor, the New Orleans-to-L.A. transplants who make up Virgin/EMI duo speakers, aren’t the type to settle; whether you’re talking musical genres or beautiful women, they’ve just gotta have it all. Appropriately, freshly-released single And Her Too finds the duo showcasing their stylistic electicism as they testify to their insatiability in the sexual arena. Taylor, a beatsmith and musician as well as a singer, channels some vintage disco vibes on the production tip, ornamenting a jittery funk-guitar riff with string flourishes and atmospheric synth voices as he and his collaborator outline their plans for the evening—plans that include a certain beautiful shawty, along with her friend, and her friend, and her friend etc., etc. In addition to backing B.T. up on the vocal tip, Keon busts out some energetic flows, offering a finer-grained view on their sexcapades in his brief rapped interludes. Need more speakers in your sound system? You’ll find what you seek on the duo’s New FrequencyEP, available now on iTunes.
Written by richard on 05/22/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.