Originally featured in ‘09 as part of the artist’s legendary Manic Mondays series, A Day in the Life inclusion Let Me Fly found Queens phenom K. Sparks celebrating music’s power to lift us above the stresses of our daily lives. Well aware that, wonderful or not, the holiday season’s by far the most anxiety-inducing time of the year, Kurser has thoughtfully selected it as the latest leak off his newly-released Remix Suite. Rather than flipping the record into something nearly unrecognizable, as he did with Mind Elevation, the French beatsmith retains the blissfully relaxing vibe and laid-back melody of the original, switching up the instrumental’s texture with 8-bit synths and burbling bass. Needless to say, Sparks’ virtuosic rhymes and Julius Francis’ smooth hook/backing vocals sound just as impressive over Kurser’s lounge-by-way-of-Nintendo backdrop as they did over G.C.‘s older-school grooves. Like what you’re hearing? More overhauled bangers await on Kurser’s Remix Suite, available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.