Originally featured in ‘09 as part of the artist’s legendary Manic Mondays series, A Day in the Life inclusion Let Me Fly found Queens phenom K. Sparks celebrating music’s power to lift us above the stresses of our daily lives. Well aware that, wonderful or not, the holiday season’s by far the most anxiety-inducing time of the year, Kurser has thoughtfully selected it as the latest leak off his newly-released Remix Suite. Rather than flipping the record into something nearly unrecognizable, as he did with Mind Elevation, the French beatsmith retains the blissfully relaxing vibe and laid-back melody of the original, switching up the instrumental’s texture with 8-bit synths and burbling bass. Needless to say, Sparks’ virtuosic rhymes and Julius Francis’ smooth hook/backing vocals sound just as impressive over Kurser’s lounge-by-way-of-Nintendo backdrop as they did over G.C.‘s older-school grooves. Like what you’re hearing? More overhauled bangers await on Kurser’s Remix Suite, available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.