Originally featured in ‘09 as part of the artist’s legendary Manic Mondays series, A Day in the Life inclusion Let Me Fly found Queens phenom K. Sparks celebrating music’s power to lift us above the stresses of our daily lives. Well aware that, wonderful or not, the holiday season’s by far the most anxiety-inducing time of the year, Kurser has thoughtfully selected it as the latest leak off his newly-released Remix Suite. Rather than flipping the record into something nearly unrecognizable, as he did with Mind Elevation, the French beatsmith retains the blissfully relaxing vibe and laid-back melody of the original, switching up the instrumental’s texture with 8-bit synths and burbling bass. Needless to say, Sparks’ virtuosic rhymes and Julius Francis’ smooth hook/backing vocals sound just as impressive over Kurser’s lounge-by-way-of-Nintendo backdrop as they did over G.C.‘s older-school grooves. Like what you’re hearing? More overhauled bangers await on Kurser’s Remix Suite, available now from online retailers.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"All That Jazz" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!