Sound the alarm, folks; coming straight outta the Lone Star State, SparkDawg will stop at nothing to get money, smoke blunts, and find a woman over the age of twenty with no kids (that last part was from his MySpace blog). Come On is about as clear a mission statement as any up-and-coming rapper can make—on the new single (his Booth debut), Spark waxes ambitious about his plans to take over the rap world and lets those who would stand in his way know that he isn’t going down anytime soon. Tha Franchize works the boards, delivering big orchestral hits and gritty synth lines as grandiose as the emcee’s larger-than-life-boasts. This track is only the beginning of what you’ll hear from this Booth newcomer—not only is the emcee preparing to drop his new, self-titled EP on on the 30th of this month, but he’s also set to participate in our exclusive freestyle series this summer. SparkDawg’s got a lot on his plate, but it takes a lot of work to make it to the top, and he clearly isn’t going to stop until he gets there.
Listen to More: SparkDawg Written by Dr. D
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Brother, Help Me" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.