Booth newcomer Spark Ly’riq may be only 19 years of age, but the rhymesayer’s already making contingency plans for his possible demise. And who can blame him? When gunshots and bodies are part of your daily environment, there’s no such thing as being too careful. On new single When I Die, Lewis Parker‘s moody sample work sets the stage for the Brooklyn-by-way-of South Central spitter’s lyrical refections on life, mortality and the hustle. Manna Maestro, a fellow member of B.K.-based collective C.R.I.M.E. (Conscience Rebels Inspirin Modern Enlightenment) Children, contributes guest bars. Fans will be able to find When I Die and many more quality jams on Ly’riq’s The Rude Awakening LP, due out digitally May 20. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.