Booth newcomer Spark Ly’riq may be only 19 years of age, but the rhymesayer’s already making contingency plans for his possible demise. And who can blame him? When gunshots and bodies are part of your daily environment, there’s no such thing as being too careful. On new single When I Die, Lewis Parker‘s moody sample work sets the stage for the Brooklyn-by-way-of South Central spitter’s lyrical refections on life, mortality and the hustle. Manna Maestro, a fellow member of B.K.-based collective C.R.I.M.E. (Conscience Rebels Inspirin Modern Enlightenment) Children, contributes guest bars. Fans will be able to find When I Die and many more quality jams on Ly’riq’s The Rude Awakening LP, due out digitally May 20. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.