Booth newcomer Spark Ly’riq may be only 19 years of age, but the rhymesayer’s already making contingency plans for his possible demise. And who can blame him? When gunshots and bodies are part of your daily environment, there’s no such thing as being too careful. On new single When I Die, Lewis Parker‘s moody sample work sets the stage for the Brooklyn-by-way-of South Central spitter’s lyrical refections on life, mortality and the hustle. Manna Maestro, a fellow member of B.K.-based collective C.R.I.M.E. (Conscience Rebels Inspirin Modern Enlightenment) Children, contributes guest bars. Fans will be able to find When I Die and many more quality jams on Ly’riq’s The Rude Awakening LP, due out digitally May 20. In the meantime, keep your browsers locked for the latest song releases.
Written by richard on 02/7/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.