These days genres and labels mean less than ever. For example, is South Bank‘s new song Superwoman a rock track featuring rap vocals, or a rap track featuring a rock instrumental. Who cares? All that really matters is that Banks are making their DJBooth debut with some quality music. Producer Adam Vaccarelli provides some of that aforementioned rock sound, giving the track a kinetic feel thanks to a driving guitar and drum line. And despite what the title might suggest, the Jersey and Cali dual representers tells the tale of a relationship that never quite gets the chance to take off. For more genre-defying music be sure to check out Banks’ Fit for A King EP, available across the interwebs as of May 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.