These days genres and labels mean less than ever. For example, is South Bank‘s new song Superwoman a rock track featuring rap vocals, or a rap track featuring a rock instrumental. Who cares? All that really matters is that Banks are making their DJBooth debut with some quality music. Producer Adam Vaccarelli provides some of that aforementioned rock sound, giving the track a kinetic feel thanks to a driving guitar and drum line. And despite what the title might suggest, the Jersey and Cali dual representers tells the tale of a relationship that never quite gets the chance to take off. For more genre-defying music be sure to check out Banks’ Fit for A King EP, available across the interwebs as of May 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.