These days genres and labels mean less than ever. For example, is South Bank‘s new song Superwoman a rock track featuring rap vocals, or a rap track featuring a rock instrumental. Who cares? All that really matters is that Banks are making their DJBooth debut with some quality music. Producer Adam Vaccarelli provides some of that aforementioned rock sound, giving the track a kinetic feel thanks to a driving guitar and drum line. And despite what the title might suggest, the Jersey and Cali dual representers tells the tale of a relationship that never quite gets the chance to take off. For more genre-defying music be sure to check out Banks’ Fit for A King EP, available across the interwebs as of May 26.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.