Any rapper can make a dope song about women, weed and money, but making a dope song based entirely on fairy tale references? That takes some serious skill, which means DJBooth newcomers SoundSci have some serious skill. Those with their doubts should just listen to CandyLand as proof. The cut that takes a beat from producer Jonny Cuba and flips the head-nodding instrumental into some serious Slick Rick-ness, telling a children’s story that’s most definitely not appropriate for kids. (Unless your kid wants to hear about Cinderella the junkie.) Those with a sweet tooth from more music from the SoundSci collective can pick up a copy of their Formula 99 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.