Any rapper can make a dope song about women, weed and money, but making a dope song based entirely on fairy tale references? That takes some serious skill, which means DJBooth newcomers SoundSci have some serious skill. Those with their doubts should just listen to CandyLand as proof. The cut that takes a beat from producer Jonny Cuba and flips the head-nodding instrumental into some serious Slick Rick-ness, telling a children’s story that’s most definitely not appropriate for kids. (Unless your kid wants to hear about Cinderella the junkie.) Those with a sweet tooth from more music from the SoundSci collective can pick up a copy of their Formula 99 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)