Any rapper can make a dope song about women, weed and money, but making a dope song based entirely on fairy tale references? That takes some serious skill, which means DJBooth newcomers SoundSci have some serious skill. Those with their doubts should just listen to CandyLand as proof. The cut that takes a beat from producer Jonny Cuba and flips the head-nodding instrumental into some serious Slick Rick-ness, telling a children’s story that’s most definitely not appropriate for kids. (Unless your kid wants to hear about Cinderella the junkie.) Those with a sweet tooth from more music from the SoundSci collective can pick up a copy of their Formula 99 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.