Any rapper can make a dope song about women, weed and money, but making a dope song based entirely on fairy tale references? That takes some serious skill, which means DJBooth newcomers SoundSci have some serious skill. Those with their doubts should just listen to CandyLand as proof. The cut that takes a beat from producer Jonny Cuba and flips the head-nodding instrumental into some serious Slick Rick-ness, telling a children’s story that’s most definitely not appropriate for kids. (Unless your kid wants to hear about Cinderella the junkie.) Those with a sweet tooth from more music from the SoundSci collective can pick up a copy of their Formula 99 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.