Any rapper can make a dope song about women, weed and money, but making a dope song based entirely on fairy tale references? That takes some serious skill, which means DJBooth newcomers SoundSci have some serious skill. Those with their doubts should just listen to CandyLand as proof. The cut that takes a beat from producer Jonny Cuba and flips the head-nodding instrumental into some serious Slick Rick-ness, telling a children’s story that’s most definitely not appropriate for kids. (Unless your kid wants to hear about Cinderella the junkie.) Those with a sweet tooth from more music from the SoundSci collective can pick up a copy of their Formula 99 album, out now.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/25/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.