An older man may have done more living than a teenager, but life’s joys and pains, triumphs and struggles are the same no matter how long you’ve been on this Earth. Today, DJBooth newcomers Sound FX are here to show (and prove) that age isn’t a factor when it comes to putting your struggles to music. Produced by group member Maddy McFly, and the first drop from their recently released Still Dreaming project, Touch The Sky is an uplifting and inspirational track that bears the imprint of an old-school feeling, along with rhymes from the other half of FX, DuPree. Honestly, had I not been told they were both nineteen I would have never been able to guess the Riverside, CA, duo’s age; their music doesn’t reflect the stereotypes about younger folks in hip-hop. We can only wait and see how their songs will sound in the future, but with a sample like this, I would put money down that the group will be able to shine for time to come.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 06/6/11
Submit your Rating
Golden Dreams Creative Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"When I Die" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.