Suffering from an acute lack of howled vocals, LSD-inspired arrangements and wild, woolly guitar solos? Booth newcomers Soulutionn have the solution to all your problems. Making its world premiere right here on our front page, the Houston alt hip-hop crew’s latest EP single is both a tribute to, and a deconstruction of 60’s Rock, with guitarist Ben Jarrad busting out some sludgy, psychedelic riffs as frontman Boi Dru touches upon issues—from the struggle for civil rights, to the advance of gentrification, to the conservative resistance to black musical style—that are as relevant today as they were in the Vietnam era. Crew member DJ Anarchy fortifies the record’s beat (co-produced by Soulutionn and LeJauren “Lucky” Hally) with some well-placed samples. Watch for Soulutionn’s Burning Bridges EP to hit The DJBooth October 16, for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 10/8/12
Submit your Rating
Conscious Era Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No Way Out" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.