Raise your hand if you thought that Soulja Boy could survive his sudden rise to fame courtesy of Crank Dat, and come out with a sophomore album? Regardless of whether you are a lover or a hater, Soulja Boy has continued to crank out new records, the latest of which is new street single Turn My Swag On. Over a Natural Disaster and Antonio Top Cat-produced track, Soulja echoes the ATL’s Shawty Lo and practices his stretched-out syllables and relaxed delivery. Ultimately, the song finds the teen phenom reveling in his continued success. He’s got his stunna shades on and is getting money from the time he ‘hops up out the bed,’ but does he have staying power? And will Soulja’s new swag have a lasting effect, despite heavy criticism from the media and old-school heads alike? iSouljaBoyTellEm, the answer to both questions, hits stores on December 16.
Written by Carly on 10/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.