Raise your hand if you thought that Soulja Boy could survive his sudden rise to fame courtesy of Crank Dat, and come out with a sophomore album? Regardless of whether you are a lover or a hater, Soulja Boy has continued to crank out new records, the latest of which is new street single Turn My Swag On. Over a Natural Disaster and Antonio Top Cat-produced track, Soulja echoes the ATL’s Shawty Lo and practices his stretched-out syllables and relaxed delivery. Ultimately, the song finds the teen phenom reveling in his continued success. He’s got his stunna shades on and is getting money from the time he ‘hops up out the bed,’ but does he have staying power? And will Soulja’s new swag have a lasting effect, despite heavy criticism from the media and old-school heads alike? iSouljaBoyTellEm, the answer to both questions, hits stores on December 16.
Written by Carly on 10/27/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.