Hate as haters may, Soulja Boy‘s still on his grind, working on an album which the hoe-supermanning hip-popster claims will be his biggest and best yet. While the title of The Deandre Way suggests a shift into more personal territory, Soulja’s strategy for continuing domination of the game seems to revolve around not fixing what ain’t broke: Speakers Going Hammer finds the rapper exhibiting the same swaggeriffic pop sensibility fans have come to know and love. Backed by Boi-1da‘s string stabs and fingersnaps, the 20-year-old hitmaker tells us just how much he enjoys putting his whip’s sound system to ear-splitting use. While the cops don’t look too kindly on this behavior (they “watch [him] all day like TV”), his neighbors don’t mind the ruckus in the slightest – in fact, everybody in the city shows him love. Soulja Boy’s lyrical approach here is by no means revolutionary, but I have to admit I was impressed by the “polar bear / solar flare” couplet – nicely done, my friend. Formerly scheduled to drop November 2, Soulja Boy’s latest set (along with the artist’s debut novel – yes, I said novel – which I call dibs on reviewing) is now set to hit stores on the 16th.
Written by richard on 09/30/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.