Hate as haters may, Soulja Boy‘s still on his grind, working on an album which the hoe-supermanning hip-popster claims will be his biggest and best yet. While the title of The Deandre Way suggests a shift into more personal territory, Soulja’s strategy for continuing domination of the game seems to revolve around not fixing what ain’t broke: Speakers Going Hammer finds the rapper exhibiting the same swaggeriffic pop sensibility fans have come to know and love. Backed by Boi-1da‘s string stabs and fingersnaps, the 20-year-old hitmaker tells us just how much he enjoys putting his whip’s sound system to ear-splitting use. While the cops don’t look too kindly on this behavior (they “watch [him] all day like TV”), his neighbors don’t mind the ruckus in the slightest – in fact, everybody in the city shows him love. Soulja Boy’s lyrical approach here is by no means revolutionary, but I have to admit I was impressed by the “polar bear / solar flare” couplet – nicely done, my friend. Formerly scheduled to drop November 2, Soulja Boy’s latest set (along with the artist’s debut novel – yes, I said novel – which I call dibs on reviewing) is now set to hit stores on the 16th.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.