By my calculations—which is to say, a Google search and some guesswork—Soulja Boy takes home somewhere around six million bucks in yearly income. Which means that, if he were saving up for a Red Bentley at, say, $300,000, it would take him… less than a month to accumulate the necessary funds. Kinda makes you jealous, doesn’t it? Though the young hip-pop mogul’s financial situation makes the premise of his latest promo single a little less dramatic, the aspirational banger will undoubtedly appeal to anyone on their grind, saving up for that dream whip. Backed by Kay Terry‘s funky sample work (drawn from a live version of The Temptations’ Let Your Hair Down) the artist crowns himself “Hustler of the Century,” describing the endless hours he’s willing to put in to afford that fly new ride. And speaking of fly, who should join the young stunner on the back but Jet Life spokesman Curren$y? Fresh off the release of his The Stoned Immaculate LP, Spitta hops into his gray Bentley for a victory lap on the back. Red Bentley isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for release detals on Soulja’s senior set, Promise, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.