By my calculations—which is to say, a Google search and some guesswork—Soulja Boy takes home somewhere around six million bucks in yearly income. Which means that, if he were saving up for a Red Bentley at, say, $300,000, it would take him… less than a month to accumulate the necessary funds. Kinda makes you jealous, doesn’t it? Though the young hip-pop mogul’s financial situation makes the premise of his latest promo single a little less dramatic, the aspirational banger will undoubtedly appeal to anyone on their grind, saving up for that dream whip. Backed by Kay Terry‘s funky sample work (drawn from a live version of The Temptations’ Let Your Hair Down) the artist crowns himself “Hustler of the Century,” describing the endless hours he’s willing to put in to afford that fly new ride. And speaking of fly, who should join the young stunner on the back but Jet Life spokesman Curren$y? Fresh off the release of his The Stoned Immaculate LP, Spitta hops into his gray Bentley for a victory lap on the back. Red Bentley isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for release detals on Soulja’s senior set, Promise, as well as all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 06/11/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.