By my calculations—which is to say, a Google search and some guesswork—Soulja Boy takes home somewhere around six million bucks in yearly income. Which means that, if he were saving up for a Red Bentley at, say, $300,000, it would take him… less than a month to accumulate the necessary funds. Kinda makes you jealous, doesn’t it? Though the young hip-pop mogul’s financial situation makes the premise of his latest promo single a little less dramatic, the aspirational banger will undoubtedly appeal to anyone on their grind, saving up for that dream whip. Backed by Kay Terry‘s funky sample work (drawn from a live version of The Temptations’ Let Your Hair Down) the artist crowns himself “Hustler of the Century,” describing the endless hours he’s willing to put in to afford that fly new ride. And speaking of fly, who should join the young stunner on the back but Jet Life spokesman Curren$y? Fresh off the release of his The Stoned Immaculate LP, Spitta hops into his gray Bentley for a victory lap on the back. Red Bentley isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but fans should keep it locked for release detals on Soulja’s senior set, Promise, as well as all the latest tunes.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.