Ok, so here’s how this is going to go down. If you’re a teenage girl you’re going to hyperventilate over the new Soulja Boy and Drake track Play Ball, plus probably make it your new ringtone and opening track on your MySpace page. If you’re an old school hip-hop head you’re going to take one listen to Play Ball and think it’s the latest sign of the impending hip-hop apocalypse. Personally, I can identify much more with the latter group: the auto-tuned production by Boi-1da is aggravating, Drake loses some of the credibility he amassed with his Forever flow and Soulja Boy, well, that’s just SB being SB (“girls suck on my body like mosquitoes“). Still, I won’t be surprised if it’s a hit: BET, MTV and radio eat this stuff up. Play Ball is off Paranormal Activity, one of three new mixtapes Soulja Boy is dropping on October 31. Stay tuned for more (hopefully better) tracks from Soulja Boy’s impending mixtape onslaught.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.