When you’re having fun in the club there is nothing that can ruin the ambiance more than somebody firing gunshots, right? Fortunately, Soulja Boy knows how to take lemons and make lemonade with his newest single, Let Me Get ‘Em (Shootout). Although Soulja Boy’s production includes as many gunshot sounds as a entire 50 Cent album, Let Me Get ‘Em has already been playin’ at the club and there’s no reason to believe it won’t continue. To avoid any potential controversy, Mr. ColliPark does a PSA-type intro: “Shooutout is a dance, and is not intended to incite any violent behavior. Yuah.” Regardless, it should be interesting if Shootout successfully makes it to radio.
Written by Burmy on 10/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.