When you’re having fun in the club there is nothing that can ruin the ambiance more than somebody firing gunshots, right? Fortunately, Soulja Boy knows how to take lemons and make lemonade with his newest single, Let Me Get ‘Em (Shootout). Although Soulja Boy’s production includes as many gunshot sounds as a entire 50 Cent album, Let Me Get ‘Em has already been playin’ at the club and there’s no reason to believe it won’t continue. To avoid any potential controversy, Mr. ColliPark does a PSA-type intro: “Shooutout is a dance, and is not intended to incite any violent behavior. Yuah.” Regardless, it should be interesting if Shootout successfully makes it to radio.
Written by Burmy on 10/18/07
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)