When you’re having fun in the club there is nothing that can ruin the ambiance more than somebody firing gunshots, right? Fortunately, Soulja Boy knows how to take lemons and make lemonade with his newest single, Let Me Get ‘Em (Shootout). Although Soulja Boy’s production includes as many gunshot sounds as a entire 50 Cent album, Let Me Get ‘Em has already been playin’ at the club and there’s no reason to believe it won’t continue. To avoid any potential controversy, Mr. ColliPark does a PSA-type intro: “Shooutout is a dance, and is not intended to incite any violent behavior. Yuah.” Regardless, it should be interesting if Shootout successfully makes it to radio.
Written by Burmy on 10/18/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.