He is responsible for Lil’ Wayne’s top-selling rap album of 2008 (Lollipop), T.I.’s triumphant return to the charts (Whatever You Like), and countless hits from the likes of Pretty Ricky, Jamie Foxx, and Danity Kane. No, we’re not talking about Soulja Boy, who has once again hopped inside our DJBooth with a new feature, but rather the producer behind his new single, Kiss Me Thru The Phone, Brooklyn-born Jim Jonsin. On Thru The Phone, the third official single from SB’s forthcoming sophomore album, iSouljaBoyTellem, Jonsin provides some more of his chart-destined, synthesizer-laced goodness, over which the teen sensation creates his own version of Love Line. Providing the R&B accompaniment is fellow non-drinker Sammie. iSouljaBoyTellem lands in stores on December 16 courtesy of Interscope.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.