He is responsible for Lil’ Wayne’s top-selling rap album of 2008 (Lollipop), T.I.’s triumphant return to the charts (Whatever You Like), and countless hits from the likes of Pretty Ricky, Jamie Foxx, and Danity Kane. No, we’re not talking about Soulja Boy, who has once again hopped inside our DJBooth with a new feature, but rather the producer behind his new single, Kiss Me Thru The Phone, Brooklyn-born Jim Jonsin. On Thru The Phone, the third official single from SB’s forthcoming sophomore album, iSouljaBoyTellem, Jonsin provides some more of his chart-destined, synthesizer-laced goodness, over which the teen sensation creates his own version of Love Line. Providing the R&B accompaniment is fellow non-drinker Sammie. iSouljaBoyTellem lands in stores on December 16 courtesy of Interscope.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.