He is responsible for Lil’ Wayne’s top-selling rap album of 2008 (Lollipop), T.I.’s triumphant return to the charts (Whatever You Like), and countless hits from the likes of Pretty Ricky, Jamie Foxx, and Danity Kane. No, we’re not talking about Soulja Boy, who has once again hopped inside our DJBooth with a new feature, but rather the producer behind his new single, Kiss Me Thru The Phone, Brooklyn-born Jim Jonsin. On Thru The Phone, the third official single from SB’s forthcoming sophomore album, iSouljaBoyTellem, Jonsin provides some more of his chart-destined, synthesizer-laced goodness, over which the teen sensation creates his own version of Love Line. Providing the R&B accompaniment is fellow non-drinker Sammie. iSouljaBoyTellem lands in stores on December 16 courtesy of Interscope.
Written by DJ Z on 11/30/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.