I know what you’re all thinking: “How did Soulja Boy get so many street lyricists on one of his songs?” Well, Turn My Swag On off sophomore LP iSouljaBoyTellEm just happened to be S-Beezy’s first real attempt at lyricism, and Natural Disaster & Top Cat‘s beat has already inspired quite a few freestyles from big-name artists. On this official remix, the ATL representative brings a brand-new verse (which arguably tops the original in both swag and skill) before yielding the spotlight to Lil Wayne, Jim Jones, Maino, and Jadakiss (that’s three NYC MCs and one who often sounds like one!) While we know a lot of you enjoy ranking verses by quality, we ask that you resist the urge to automatically rank Soulja Boy’s verse at the bottom – instead, sit back and soak in the surprising lyricism (and assembly skill) from an artist who many still consider to be a “ringtone rapper.”
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.