After his “Platinum in a Week” campaign for sophomore album iSouljaBoyTellem fell short by 954,000 discs, many began to write obituaries for Soulja Boy‘s career. Then, all of a sudden, 2008 Best-of-the-Booth staff pick, Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever You Like), lent his boardwork to second single Kiss Me Thru the Phone, which went on to hit #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 (second only to Crank That… in Soulja Boy’s chart history). Today, the Booth proudly presents a brand-new, unofficial remix. Though S. Beezy’s verses, Sammie‘s hook, and Jim’s beat are still in place, the highlight is Def Jam songbird and Grammy nominee Karina Paisan, who provides an early-teenage female perspective (so all SB’s fans will have something here to relate to, know what I’m saying?) If you haven’t already, it’s never too late to go cop iSouljaBoyTellEm—also be on the lookout for Karina’s upcoming sophomore album on Def Jam (the LP currently has no release date, but keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest).
Written by Burmy on 05/8/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.