After his “Platinum in a Week” campaign for sophomore album iSouljaBoyTellem fell short by 954,000 discs, many began to write obituaries for Soulja Boy‘s career. Then, all of a sudden, 2008 Best-of-the-Booth staff pick, Jim Jonsin (Lollipop, Whatever You Like), lent his boardwork to second single Kiss Me Thru the Phone, which went on to hit #3 on the Billboard Hot 100 (second only to Crank That… in Soulja Boy’s chart history). Today, the Booth proudly presents a brand-new, unofficial remix. Though S. Beezy’s verses, Sammie‘s hook, and Jim’s beat are still in place, the highlight is Def Jam songbird and Grammy nominee Karina Paisan, who provides an early-teenage female perspective (so all SB’s fans will have something here to relate to, know what I’m saying?) If you haven’t already, it’s never too late to go cop iSouljaBoyTellEm—also be on the lookout for Karina’s upcoming sophomore album on Def Jam (the LP currently has no release date, but keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest).
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!