When Soulja Boy dropped the surprising hit, Crank Dat Soulja Boy, it immediately became an international dance craze. Unfortunately, the song didn’t mix well in many clubs across the states (especially those without a wide-open dance floor). For SB’s second single, Soulja Girl, Interscope decided to add-on the newly formed group, i15, and woo radio programmers nationwide with catchy teen appeal. Despite the can’t-fail additions, the original version still wasn’t being mixed at the club. In to solve that problem is the man who made Soulja Boy a star: Mr. ColliPark. The DJ turned label executive, who is also responsible for the success of Hurricane Chris, has remixed Soulja Girl and turned it into the quintessential dance floor record. Boys and girls, this version of the Soulja looks like he’s here to stay.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.