When Soulja Boy dropped the surprising hit, Crank Dat Soulja Boy, it immediately became an international dance craze. Unfortunately, the song didn’t mix well in many clubs across the states (especially those without a wide-open dance floor). For SB’s second single, Soulja Girl, Interscope decided to add-on the newly formed group, i15, and woo radio programmers nationwide with catchy teen appeal. Despite the can’t-fail additions, the original version still wasn’t being mixed at the club. In to solve that problem is the man who made Soulja Boy a star: Mr. ColliPark. The DJ turned label executive, who is also responsible for the success of Hurricane Chris, has remixed Soulja Girl and turned it into the quintessential dance floor record. Boys and girls, this version of the Soulja looks like he’s here to stay.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.