When Soulja Boy dropped the surprising hit, Crank Dat Soulja Boy, it immediately became an international dance craze. Unfortunately, the song didn’t mix well in many clubs across the states (especially those without a wide-open dance floor). For SB’s second single, Soulja Girl, Interscope decided to add-on the newly formed group, i15, and woo radio programmers nationwide with catchy teen appeal. Despite the can’t-fail additions, the original version still wasn’t being mixed at the club. In to solve that problem is the man who made Soulja Boy a star: Mr. ColliPark. The DJ turned label executive, who is also responsible for the success of Hurricane Chris, has remixed Soulja Girl and turned it into the quintessential dance floor record. Boys and girls, this version of the Soulja looks like he’s here to stay.
Written by DJ Z on 12/16/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe)" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.