Backed by former Ying Yang Twins producer, Mr. Collipark, Chicago-born and Atlanta-raised rapper Soulja Boy is looking to turn his independent success into mainstream riches. Scheduled to perform in more than 10 states this summer, Soulja Boy will inevitably invade a city near you and brainwash its inhabitants to do his catchy new song and dance, Crank Dat Soulja Boy (Supaman Dat Hoe). Although the beat sounds an awful like DG Yola‘s Ain’t Gon Let Up, Soulja Boy easily takes the rhythm to a new level with a extra boost of energy and a very distinct vocal tone.
Written by DJ Z on 06/12/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Soulja Girl ft. i15" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.