Last we saw Soul Khan, the NYC rhymesayer was sending up
hip-hop’s our whole damn culture’s disrespectful attitude toward women in the official visuals for Not Like That, a single off the artist’s next EP. The latest release off the project finds the emcee offering his thoughts on a similarly heavy societal issue: the increasingly interconnected, yet paradoxically isolated nature of life in the digital age. Over Abormal‘s synth production, the Brown Bag All-Star urges listeners to unplug from The Machine on occasion and experience what the world has to offer. Reprising his role from the aforementioned joint, Akie Bermiss contributes his earthy vocal stylings to the record’s chorus. Psalm is scheduled for release next Tuesday, December 11, via Soul Khan’s official site. In the meantime, you can still cop the his last EP, Wellstone, for free in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 12/6/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.