Launched way back in April of 2010, Soul Khan‘s Soulstice series has offered fans a window into the Brown Bag All-Stars member’s mindstate over the course of the intervening years. (We picked up the thread with entry number three, released in summer 2011.) Today, the freestyle series alumnus brings the epic saga to a close with Soulstice 4, which finds him reflecting on his personal growth over a percussion-free piano instrumental that is bookended with selections from Howard Beale’s famous speech in Network. This reflective jam isn’t attached to any larger project, but those craving more food for thought can find what they seek on Khan’s Wellstone EP, released via The DJBooth in March.
Written by richard on 06/6/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.