As evidenced by the rave Booth reviews the cut received when it hit our frontpage back in November of 2010, Soul Khan‘s Shot Glass Magnified was pretty damn ill. Thus, it’s only right that, for the remix, the Brooklyn phenom (and freestyle series alumnus) has called in a doctor – an Audible Doctor, to be precise. Well, I’m happy to announce that the Madison, Wisconsin-based beatsmith’s intervention has only made the patient sicker. Swapping Elaquent‘s laid-back, lounge-informed grooves for some soulful sample work, A.D. lends Khan’s verse, a nostalgia-drenched chronicle of his love affair with hip-hop, a little extra poignancy. Fellow Big Apple resident and Booth regular Sene sounds just as good on the front, peppering the track with vivid imagery as he details his difficult but rewarding hustle. Better than the original? That, my friends, is for you to decide. While this remix isn’t attached to any project, fans can find Shot Glass Magnified and much more on the headliner’s Soul Like Khan street album, available now online.
Written by richard on 01/25/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.