When I checked my inbox today and Soul Khan popped up as the header, I knew it was going to be a good day (cue the Ice Cube). Sure enough, the Booth-acclaimed and Freestyle Series alum is dropping off a brand new track, Shot Glass Magnified, and damn it’s a good one. Banging it out with NYC collaborator Sene, the dynamic duo wax poetic over their past and the big, big plans they have for the future, especially the Brown Bag All-Star: “I ain’t trying to be that dolphin in that tuna net, I want to be the oval office in that you elect.” Elaquent does well with a mellowed beat that at times reminds me of a hip-hop version of elevator music, allowing for both Khan and Sene to work wonders over their individual bars (special props to Soul, who did surprisingly well on a hook that’s as soulful as it is seemingly nonchalant). If these shots had you tipsy, be sure to drink down Khan’s latest project, Soul Like Khan, when it drops November 16.
Written by Sigurd on 11/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.