In preparation for his latest project release, Soul Khan has cut loose a bonus track off his upcoming Psalm EP, titled Not Like That. Laced with a soulful feature from Akie Bermiss atop a head bobbing beat from DeeJay Element, Like That incites a trip back to the late 90’s. Displaying a rare level of maturity in the booth, as compared to his industry peers, the Brown Bag All Star keeps his lyrics and respect held high over the monetary driven mainstream message many artists focus on, “I’ve had it up to my sack, with those who hijack, the image of a modern man who always got his wife’s back. I was made by my mother and raised by my mother. So, if I love a woman then I say that I love her.” Soul Khan is just one man, but this message alone helps in the fight against the disrespect commonly heard in today’s mainstream rap music. As we wait for the release of Psalm on December 12, be sure to grab Khan’s DJBooth-exclusive Wellstone EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view the Jed Rosenberg and Ethan Blum-directed Not Like That video.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.