In preparation for his latest project release, Soul Khan has cut loose a bonus track off his upcoming Psalm EP, titled Not Like That. Laced with a soulful feature from Akie Bermiss atop a head bobbing beat from DeeJay Element, Like That incites a trip back to the late 90’s. Displaying a rare level of maturity in the booth, as compared to his industry peers, the Brown Bag All Star keeps his lyrics and respect held high over the monetary driven mainstream message many artists focus on, “I’ve had it up to my sack, with those who hijack, the image of a modern man who always got his wife’s back. I was made by my mother and raised by my mother. So, if I love a woman then I say that I love her.” Soul Khan is just one man, but this message alone helps in the fight against the disrespect commonly heard in today’s mainstream rap music. As we wait for the release of Psalm on December 12, be sure to grab Khan’s DJBooth-exclusive Wellstone EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view the Jed Rosenberg and Ethan Blum-directed Not Like That video.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)