In preparation for his latest project release, Soul Khan has cut loose a bonus track off his upcoming Psalm EP, titled Not Like That. Laced with a soulful feature from Akie Bermiss atop a head bobbing beat from DeeJay Element, Like That incites a trip back to the late 90’s. Displaying a rare level of maturity in the booth, as compared to his industry peers, the Brown Bag All Star keeps his lyrics and respect held high over the monetary driven mainstream message many artists focus on, “I’ve had it up to my sack, with those who hijack, the image of a modern man who always got his wife’s back. I was made by my mother and raised by my mother. So, if I love a woman then I say that I love her.” Soul Khan is just one man, but this message alone helps in the fight against the disrespect commonly heard in today’s mainstream rap music. As we wait for the release of Psalm on December 12, be sure to grab Khan’s DJBooth-exclusive Wellstone EP.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll below to view the Jed Rosenberg and Ethan Blum-directed Not Like That video.
Written by @Grubeats on 11/29/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.