Not featured on the solo tip since February, when he turned heads with his Cannibal Ox-inspired Iron Galaxy [Freestyle], Soul Khan returns to our pages with a freshly-minted video single off his most recent Booth-hosted project. Morning Alone is a narrative jam centered around a character type common in real life, but rarely explored in hip-hop: a woman coping with the death of her spouse. Over Abnormal‘s low-key production, Khan follows the twists and turns of her thought process as numbness gives way to grief. Nicholas Ryan Gant, a Booth newcomer, lends his vocals to the hook. Director Drew Rosenswieg provides an artful visual accompaniment to the emcee’s keen-eyed lyrics. Fans can find Morning Alone and many more quality cuts on Khan’s Psalm EP, available now for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.