Not featured on the solo tip since February, when he turned heads with his Cannibal Ox-inspired Iron Galaxy [Freestyle], Soul Khan returns to our pages with a freshly-minted video single off his most recent Booth-hosted project. Morning Alone is a narrative jam centered around a character type common in real life, but rarely explored in hip-hop: a woman coping with the death of her spouse. Over Abnormal‘s low-key production, Khan follows the twists and turns of her thought process as numbness gives way to grief. Nicholas Ryan Gant, a Booth newcomer, lends his vocals to the hook. Director Drew Rosenswieg provides an artful visual accompaniment to the emcee’s keen-eyed lyrics. Fans can find Morning Alone and many more quality cuts on Khan’s Psalm EP, available now for streaming and digital purchase.
Written by richard on 07/23/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.