Brown Bag All Star’s Soul Khan is dangerous on the microphone, case-in-point his latest offering over the Just Blaze production from Drake’s Lord Knows. The beat is hard and soulful and is in the same vein of the Exhibit series of tracks done by Jay Electronica, and what does Drake do over it? He raps a bunch of bars about girls and then gives the listener some mundane bars. Thankfully, Mr. Khan took some time to deliver a verse worth hearing over the Just Blaze creation. Khan quickly takes the beat to the cleaners with clever rhymes and lyrics worth paying attention to because they don’t have to do with women and balling. Instead, he gives you lines like “how the f**k you put a tether ball against a wrecking Khan” and “create the future like Obama when he knocked Michelle up.” Drake is a nice pop singer/rapper, but beats like Lord Knows are really made for an emcee’s emcee like Soul Khan. For more from Khan be sure to check out his The DJBooth sponsored show in NYC on December 3!
Listen to More: Soul Khan
Written by JC Poppe on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Thunder in Paradise" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.