This August, the popular Step Up series is set to make its transition to three dimensions – can you say “cinematic classic in the making?” Well, OK, to keep it one-hundred, I’m planning on steering as far clear of this one as I did the first two installments. Even if you, like me, aren’t in the target audience for hyperkinetic dance films, though, it’s hard to deny the energy that Nappy Boy/Atlantic signees Sophia Fresh bring to the latest single off the movie’s soundtrack. Here, an anonymous English fella commands listeners to, “Clap your hands to the beat This Instant,” as Cole, Skye and Crystal lace The Bizness’ twisty, turny synth boardwork with amped-up vocals. Complete with an appropriately exuberant (non-Autotuned) guest verse from label boss T-Pain and a dazzling bridge that comes out of absolutely nowhere, this cut is about as much fun as downing a dozen Pixy Stix, without the dreaded sugar crash. If you agree with my assessment, you’ll want to go out to your local record store and pick up a copy of the soundtrack album This Instant (that is, if you’re reading this review on or after July 20, which is when the LP hits stores).
Written by richard on 06/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Super Bad ft. T-Pain & Cee-Lo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.