After T-Pain releases Thr33 Ringz on November 11, the label boss will resume promoting his Nappy Boy Digital label sideshows. While Tay Dizm‘s current single, Beam Me Up, continues to get music video spins, his resident girl group has a new single with even stronger hit potential. On What It Is, the ladies of Sophia Fresh spot some dudes in the club who are about as fresh (I couldn’t resist) as they are. Joining the ladies is the newest artist to fall in love with auto-tune, Mr. Kanye West, who contributes a memorable 16-bar verse (with his own beatboxed, chopped and screwed effects). Without providing any vocals, however, Teddy again steals the show with his scintillating production skills. For upcoming electronic jams, be on the lookout for Sophia Fresh’s currently-untitled digital exclusive debut (due out in early ‘09).
Written by Burmy on 10/8/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Super Bad ft. T-Pain & Cee-Lo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.