Vancouver’s Sophia Danai is at the beginning of her career, this being her first Booth feature (she did appear on Madchild’s Judgement Day). However, the company she keeps might make it seem like she has been at it for years and is at The End of her career. Luckily that’s not the case, because music this good needs to be made for a long, long time. In addition to a snare-heavy, static-y beat from Grammy-winning producer Chin Injeti, The End features guest bars from the legendary Talib Kweli. After his edgy opening 16, Danai takes over, showcasing a mysterious, dusty vocal style that will stick with you long after the end of The End comes to a close. If this record’s piqued your interest, be sure to check out Danai’s Wishing Well LP. Featuring additional guest appearances by DJ Khalil, Shad and THC, the project is available now via the artist’s official site.
The Hastings Set
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judgment Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.