Vancouver’s Sophia Danai is at the beginning of her career, this being her first Booth feature (she did appear on Madchild’s Judgement Day). However, the company she keeps might make it seem like she has been at it for years and is at The End of her career. Luckily that’s not the case, because music this good needs to be made for a long, long time. In addition to a snare-heavy, static-y beat from Grammy-winning producer Chin Injeti, The End features guest bars from the legendary Talib Kweli. After his edgy opening 16, Danai takes over, showcasing a mysterious, dusty vocal style that will stick with you long after the end of The End comes to a close. If this record’s piqued your interest, be sure to check out Danai’s Wishing Well LP. Featuring additional guest appearances by DJ Khalil, Shad and THC, the project is available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
The Hastings Set
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judgment Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.