Vancouver’s Sophia Danai is at the beginning of her career, this being her first Booth feature (she did appear on Madchild’s Judgement Day). However, the company she keeps might make it seem like she has been at it for years and is at The End of her career. Luckily that’s not the case, because music this good needs to be made for a long, long time. In addition to a snare-heavy, static-y beat from Grammy-winning producer Chin Injeti, The End features guest bars from the legendary Talib Kweli. After his edgy opening 16, Danai takes over, showcasing a mysterious, dusty vocal style that will stick with you long after the end of The End comes to a close. If this record’s piqued your interest, be sure to check out Danai’s Wishing Well LP. Featuring additional guest appearances by DJ Khalil, Shad and THC, the project is available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
The Hastings Set
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judgment Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.