Vancouver’s Sophia Danai is at the beginning of her career, this being her first Booth feature (she did appear on Madchild’s Judgement Day). However, the company she keeps might make it seem like she has been at it for years and is at The End of her career. Luckily that’s not the case, because music this good needs to be made for a long, long time. In addition to a snare-heavy, static-y beat from Grammy-winning producer Chin Injeti, The End features guest bars from the legendary Talib Kweli. After his edgy opening 16, Danai takes over, showcasing a mysterious, dusty vocal style that will stick with you long after the end of The End comes to a close. If this record’s piqued your interest, be sure to check out Danai’s Wishing Well LP. Featuring additional guest appearances by DJ Khalil, Shad and THC, the project is available now via the artist’s official site.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/1/13
Submit your Rating
The Hastings Set
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Judgment Day" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.