At one point in time it may have been considered a bit off the map, both literally and figuratively, to consider collaborating with an emcee far outside of one’s region. Now its pretty commonplace, however, and the glory of cross-continental collaboration is that listeners usually have no idea what to expect. This is precisely the case on Vancouver rhymesayer SonReal‘s latest single selection We Concur. Joining the Canadian lyricist on We Concur is Rochester, New York native and longtime DJBooth fave Emilio Rojas and the end result is refreshingly dope. The Arogonauts bass-driven production provides the perfect musical setting for SonReal and Rojas’ bold lyricism. We Concure is featured on SonReal’s latest mixtape, Good News, which was released in July and is currently available for free download.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.