At one point in time it may have been considered a bit off the map, both literally and figuratively, to consider collaborating with an emcee far outside of one’s region. Now its pretty commonplace, however, and the glory of cross-continental collaboration is that listeners usually have no idea what to expect. This is precisely the case on Vancouver rhymesayer SonReal‘s latest single selection We Concur. Joining the Canadian lyricist on We Concur is Rochester, New York native and longtime DJBooth fave Emilio Rojas and the end result is refreshingly dope. The Arogonauts bass-driven production provides the perfect musical setting for SonReal and Rojas’ bold lyricism. We Concure is featured on SonReal’s latest mixtape, Good News, which was released in July and is currently available for free download.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.