At one point in time it may have been considered a bit off the map, both literally and figuratively, to consider collaborating with an emcee far outside of one’s region. Now its pretty commonplace, however, and the glory of cross-continental collaboration is that listeners usually have no idea what to expect. This is precisely the case on Vancouver rhymesayer SonReal‘s latest single selection We Concur. Joining the Canadian lyricist on We Concur is Rochester, New York native and longtime DJBooth fave Emilio Rojas and the end result is refreshingly dope. The Arogonauts bass-driven production provides the perfect musical setting for SonReal and Rojas’ bold lyricism. We Concure is featured on SonReal’s latest mixtape, Good News, which was released in July and is currently available for free download.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/4/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.