Vancouver emcee SonReal touches on the Up Up Ups, and the Down Down Downs, he’s faced in his music career on the first single from his newest project Good News. While Up Up Up touches on a series of unfortunate incidents in SonReal’s career, including almost being scammed out of $2,000 by someone pretending to represent rapper Lil Wayne, the Jan Schuster-directed visuals for the record is pretty upbeat. In the music video Schuster pairs a lively, backyard party with various shots of SonReal, including a continuous shot of the rapper high atop the Vancouver skyline, triumphantly dropping rhymes on overcoming the odds. Keeping with the uplifting nature of Up Up Up is production from moSS who keeps it upbeat thanks to his melodious use of keys and drums. Check out Up Up Up on SonReal’s Good News which is currently available for free download.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/3/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.