SonReal and Rich Kidd‘s pursuit of success in the rap game has taken them far from their respective cities of origin (Vernon, B.C. and Mississauga, Ontario) but, wherever they may go, you can be damn sure they’re holding it down for their Hometown. Following fall 2012 lead effort Best Believe, the latest single off the Canadian emcees’ joint LP finds them reaffirming their loyalty to the places and people that made them who they are today. Arthur Macarthur provides a gentle guitar/keyboard backdrop for their heartfelt verses, and Liam Mitchell directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. Feeling it? Hometown is just one of many quality cuts to be found on The Closers, released last October and freely streamable via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 04/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.