On the days that SonReal has nothing to say, he wouldn’t waste your time by opening his mouth. So when he does speak, you listen. On a newly-released freebie the Vancouver emcee is ready to Preach, but it’s not a Reverend Lovejoy kind of sermon. It’s more like a hell fire and brimstone kind of sermon. Today’s message is a reminder that SonReal does it for the fans and he will never stop doing right by them. Whatever the situation, he’ll always go in. And if you ever wonder why he’s going so hard, it’s only because the odds were stacked against him twice as much as his peers. I don’t blame the guy. Before we break for fellowship, I want to announce that we are also joined by Pops on the church keys. For more from SonReal we recommend grabbing up his last full-length project, One Long Day, or you could just wait to see him perform live on his 52 date US tour with Seattle emcee Grieves.
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.