With the frigid weather that’s plagued the East Coast lately, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t occasionally thought about dropping everything and booking a flight to warmer climes. SonReal knows what I’m talking about; on a fresh single off his latest album, a lousy day in his native Vancouver persuades him that it may be time to finally take that trip to L.A. he’s been putting off for so long. The split between the artist’s dreary daily grind and the vibrant city of his dreams is reflected in Chin Injeti‘s production; a delicate, piano-led verse groove explodes into an anthemic chorus accompanied by soaring guitar riffs. Mad Ruk Entertainment‘s Peter Huang provides some imaginative visuals to accompany the cut. Fans can find L.A. and much more on SonReal’s just-released One Long Day LP, available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.