With the frigid weather that’s plagued the East Coast lately, I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t occasionally thought about dropping everything and booking a flight to warmer climes. SonReal knows what I’m talking about; on a fresh single off his latest album, a lousy day in his native Vancouver persuades him that it may be time to finally take that trip to L.A. he’s been putting off for so long. The split between the artist’s dreary daily grind and the vibrant city of his dreams is reflected in Chin Injeti‘s production; a delicate, piano-led verse groove explodes into an anthemic chorus accompanied by soaring guitar riffs. Mad Ruk Entertainment‘s Peter Huang provides some imaginative visuals to accompany the cut. Fans can find L.A. and much more on SonReal’s just-released One Long Day LP, available in the Booth for free streaming and download.
Written by richard on 02/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Faded" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.